Cannabis is Beneficial For Anxiety

Forums Conditions / Symptoms Mental Cannabis is Beneficial For Anxiety

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Danielle

Cannabis is acceptable and permitted as treatment for anxiety, through licensed practitioners at dispensaries. Between 250-600 milligrams are used to alleviate anxiety, which could then help to lessen the potential for resulting conditions, such as stress.

NaturalZ
    Participant

That’s a good point of reference… ok I hate all this english metric stuff, ugh, but I think a gram is a ml? So 250-600 mg is like .25 to .6 ml? So I guess I am right on the average because I am taking like a 1/3 dropper which is supposed to be like .33 ml then.

Liz S
    Participant

Yes, that is a good dose to take with a medicine dropper. I take about one third to one half of that, or 12 to 17 mg, to help with sleep and anxiety. It does help, and I use it prn, or pro re nata, meaning when needed, in Latin.

PrincessM
    Participant

CBD contains more than 80 active cannabinoids, which are the chemical compounds in the cannabis sativa plant. CBD is also present in the hemp plant. Its roots trace back to 2700 B. C., and it has been used as a natural, medicinal treatment for centuries. The use for CBD is the result of how the cannabis plant interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, given that they are chemically similar. Both restore the body to homeostasis, or a balanced state, in the event of stress or inflammation.

As stated here, there are preliminary studies which illustrate how CBD may be a naturally effective treatment for mental health conditions. The use of CBD increases the chemicals in the brain called anandamide and serotonin. These neurochemicals help to boost and to maintain mood, relaxation and a generally positive state of mind and a feeling of emotional we’ll being. This concept leads researchers to believe that CBD oil can therefore help with stress and anxiety. It is a natural remedy for anxiety, depression and schizophrenia, generally as an adjunct treatment to standard psychotropic medications, meaning that they help the brain’s chemistry.

Stress can be elevated, and quality of sleep can become altered in those who experience these conditions. CBD is generally well tolerated in higher doses, if these are needed, even as much as 1,500 mg of CBD, and effectively helps to relieve the anxiety and stress associated with various types of anxiety. This can include PTSD and either panic attacks or generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). A more relaxed feeling can be achieved with CBD’s ability to work with the body’s own stress reducing part of the CB1 receptors. These are located in the brain, in the medial temporal cortex, where mood is regulated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password